Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Salary: $10.00 /hour
The Summit Group (TSG), a strategic communications consultancy, seeks an ambitious intern to join our Public Relations team. Interns at TSG are passionate, curious collaborators who want to gain hands-on experience in a fast-paced, energetic environment — you’ll touch client work across multiple industries and channels from day-to-day and even minute-to-minute.
What we’re looking for as a Public Relations Intern, you’ll create a wide variety of assets for a diverse group of clients, extend your existing skills and develop new competencies. You should have experience with content development in multiple contexts, a healthy affection for grammar, long form and short form writing and positively thrive on deadlines. Working knowledge of marketing principles and tactics will serve you well, but a willingness to jump in and master new skills will serve you even better. A tight-knit team, the Public Relations department at TSG is the beating heart of culture and creativity at the firm — we pride ourselves on being a resource our clients trust and a team our colleagues genuinely enjoy working alongside.
• Seniors and recent college graduates welcome and encouraged to apply. Major in PR, Journalism or Communications is required.
• Enthusiasm for the written word in all its forms and a firm grasp of messaging and voice.
• Create & post content on various social media platforms.
• Comfortable getting up to speed on new clients and industries quickly.
• Exceptional collaboration and people skills.
• A willingness to embrace change, adapt and problem-solve on the fly.
• Our program typically runs 12 weeks. Program length and start/end dates are flexible based on a student’s schedule and preference.
• We review interested candidates on a rolling basis and conduct interviews on an as-needed basis.
• This is a paid internship. Details will be discussed during the interview process.
• Interns are able to work up to 20 hours per week.
Think you fit the bill? We want to hear from you! To apply, please submit your resume, a portfolio and cover letter about why you want to join the TSG team.
***Please note: We will not review or respond to submissions that do not adhere to our application guidelines, nor to generic cover letters and responses.
A Bit About Us
Based in Salt Lake City, Utah, TSG is a sophisticated communications firm dedicated to crafting a working environment that makes people look forward to Mondays. Our collaborative team is full of big-hearted people who love working together to solve business problems and make outstanding work. To learn more about TSG, its philosophy, culture and work, visit summitslc.com. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.