Salt Lake City, UT 84101
PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER
A great story can touch people across culture, age, and lifestyle; it’s how we connect. At The Summit Group we believe everybody has a story to tell, and we understand it takes a skilled storyteller to make an impact. If your pencils need sharpened, your pens are low on ink, or your keyboard has been worn shiny from use, we’d have to guess you enjoy telling stories, too.
- Day-to-day client liaison with a range of marketing, PR, and technical stakeholders.
- Provide strategic counsel to key clients and serve as a trusted advisor on clients and competitors. Identify and drive strategies, either standalone or as elements of communication plans.
- Manage content programs, including mapping out content themes, spotting industry trends and story angles, writing copy for white papers, opinion articles, web and social as well as working closely with design teams to create digital content such as animations, graphics, and videos.
- Media relations – creating news, features and comment for business, technology and trade media, executive profiling and pitching.
- Supporting in the development of client proposals to help grow or win parts of the business.
- Identifying communication trends and educating/informing clients and agency colleagues and partners on changes and trends.
- Monitoring, reporting, and providing insight on competitor, industry and issue-specific social media activities, unique and creative uses of social campaigns or emerging culture themes.
- Leveraging clients’ data to conceive and drive stories apart from traditional news milestones.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English, or related field is preferred, or the equivalent knowledge and/or experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience with Public Relations, with 3-4 years prior experience in an agency setting.
- A background in delivering B2B and technical communications.
- An innate understanding of earned media, with the ability to create stories and generate coverage across traditional media, digital and social.
- Experience working on content management programs, with an awareness of the changing way business and technical audiences consume information and an appreciation of search, paid and wider customer marketing activity.
- Experience in direct client handling, providing strategic counsel on day-to-day account matters.
- Comfortable translating technical information into compelling, accessible content.
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written.
- Creative, ambitious, and entrepreneurial with good initiative, strong organization, and attention to detail.
- Experience with written and developed materials, including integrated communication plans, press releases, pitches, and social media content highly desirable.
- Proven track record of securing media coverage at every level and the ability to grow and maintain relationships with national and local media influencers and reporters.
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life and Disability insurance
- 401k w/employer match after 1 year
- PTO / Paid Holidays